Who we are:
ValueFirst works with businesses to help them reach out to their consumers in seamless ways. Founded in 2003, ValueFirst is a global leader in cross-channel communications.
We enable intelligent conversations across channels with our solutions:
Communication: WhatsApp for Business, Google verified SMS, Voice Solutions, Email Solutions and SMS Solutions
Automation: Drive action at any marketing stage from Awareness to Retention with Augmento, ReachRight and WhizT
Intelligence: Build NLP ready chatbots that integrate seamlessly anywhere with Surbo
ValueFirst has performed over 100 Billion interactions across platforms and is driven by 350 people across the globe. Over the years, ValueFirst has served a large customer base across BFSI, E-commerce, Retail, IT Software, Manufacturing, Internet, Automobile, Government sector, Education, Travel, Media, Hospitality, Healthcare, Consumer verticals, etc. We have offices based out of Australia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Nepal, UAE and UK.
Company Secretary & Law Graduate
Summary of Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated (hands on litigation management experience) and subject matter knowledge of Civil, Criminal Litigation, Pre-litigation dispute resolution, Arbitration, Negotiable Instruments Act, Contract Act, Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, Labor Employment, IPR Laws etc.
- Drafting of suits, written statements, writs, counter affidavits, rejoinders, appeals, contempt petitions, miscellaneous applications, affidavits, complaints, notice invoking arbitration, Appeals under Arbitrations and Conciliation Act, Complaint under the Code of Criminal Procedure and keeping a track on the progress of all the litigations filed by or against the company or its officials and preparing MIS for the same.
- Provide legal assistance, advice and guidance to the business heads and respective stakeholders of the Company to resolve commercial disputes, criminal matters, pre-litigation matters, recovery matters by or against the Company and/or its officials and support for legal activities including Mergers, Demergers, Research, other Restructuring Exercises, FEMA etc.
- Experienced in Liasoning with police, enforcement agencies, various government officials for resolution of cases (both at pre-litigation and post litigation stages).
- Manage relationships and all issues relating to the Board of Directors and Shareholders, including convening Board, Committee and General Meetings.
- Ensure compliance by the RBI and FEMA with best Corporate Governance Practices including risk identification and mitigation.
- Provide efficient, effective legal support services and ensuring compliance by the TRAI with laws governing its operations.
- Prepare the appropriate legal documents for trial or court proceedings and Draft all agreements and regulate the deals in an organized fashion.
- Evaluate new business partnerships with vendors and subcontractors.
- Represent the company in legal proceedings. Protect the company against legal risks and violations and Negotiate deals on behalf of the company.
- Design and oversee the company’s policy and position on legal matters. Examine the legal issues related to new products and services.
- Guide management on regulatory and compliance issues to ensure compliance with legal regulations.
Qualification and experience required:
- Qualified Company Secretary
- LLB undergraduate degree
- A Master’s degree/professional qualifications will be an added advantage
- 3-5 Years relevant working experience
- Strong knowledge of Cos. Act, IBC, CPC, CRPC, Legal services and Risk Management
- Policy Development, Regulatory Compliance, Contract Negotiations Skills
- Good Drafting Skills and Good Communication Skills, Leadership and Management Skills